I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Snapshot (1)

Saturday Snapshot is a meme started by At Home With Books.


This is a snapshot that I took of a newspaper in Mexico. When we went to Mexico in November for a wedding, part of our hotel blew up in a "freak" explosion. Apparently it had something to do with the hotel being built on top of swamps and natural gases building up. 7 people died and about 15 hurt, mostly Canadians visiting for a wedding as well. Our wedding party was so freaked out that most of them were able to change their flights to leave that day (explosion was at 8 in the morning) and the rest of us were moved to a different resort.

Thankfully, everyone in our party was fine but I feel so horrible for the lives that were lost. I can't imagine the pain the families went through. My heart really goes out to them.



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. That is so crazy! I've never heard of anything like that happening before. I can't imagine how freaked out everyone must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I remember reading about that in the paper here in Canada. How very tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's something I'll never forget :(
    thankfully the resort is shut down now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a memory---the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete