I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review: Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett

Title/Author: Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett
Number of pages: 281
Series: A Booktown Mystery #1
How I got it: Paperback Swap
Rating: 5/5


Goodreads Summary:
When she moved to Stoneham, city slicker Tricia Miles met nothing but friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased-and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries-and hunt down someone who isn't killing by the book 


My Review:
I'm going to start off by saying I LOVED this book! Tricia is recently divorced and decided to move to a quiet town in New Hampshire to start a mystery bookstore, which she has always wanted to do. I really related to Tricia because I've always (and probably will always) have a secret desire to open my own shop. I also love her sassy cat, Miss Marple. What I loved best about this book is that it didn't lag. There were clues and twists popping up constantly. The characters were all enjoyable and quirky as well. You just never know who you can trust in this town! I kept thinking I figured out the mystery... about 3 different times... and I pretty much did figure it out for myself probably right before the characters did. I suggest this book to everyone, especially cozy mystery lovers! Read about how this town lost its title as "Safest town in America"!


  Reading Challenges: 100 Books in 2011 ; 1st in a Series ; Mystery and Suspense

2 comments:

  1. so glad i found your blog. seems like we have the same reading interests. NEw follower for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I can't find an email address, but you have won February's prize for the Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge - please can you go here http://www.bookchickcity.com/2011/03/february-winner-mystery-suspense.html to claim your prize. :)

    ReplyDelete