I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Review: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan


Title/Author: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Number of pages: 381
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5
How I got it: Barnes & Noble
Rating: 5/5




Goodreads Summary:
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.
 
My Review:
I read the first 4 books in this series a year ago and I have no idea what took me so long to purchase this last book. I loved all the books, including this one. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to read this one because it took me a while to remember all the details of the previous stories.

What I really love about Riordan's stories is that they are action packed from the first chapter. This specific book had the whole "end of the world" feel to it which made me feel anxious and what could possibly go wrong next? The main characters really have a string of bad luck but they are so determined! I caught myself cracking up acouple times and remembered I did the same with the other books in this series. Most of the characters are pretty funny in their own ways.

If you've ever had even just the tiniest interest in Greek Mythology, I totally recommend this series. The characters are all great and well developed as well. Can't wait to get started on the spin off series, starting with "The Lost Hero".


Reading Challenges: 100 Books in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment