I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: Burned by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast



Title/Author: Burned by P.C. Cast
Number of pages: 323
Series: House of Night #7
How I got itBarnes & Noble
Rating: 3/5

Goodreads Summary:
Zoey Redbird is the youngest High Priestess in House of Night history and is the only person – vamp or fledgling – that can stop the evil Neferet from raising all kinds of immortal trouble. And she might just have a chance if she wasn’t so busy being dead.

Well, dead is too strong a word. Stevie Rae knows she can bring her BFF back from her unscheduled va-cay in the Otherworld. But it’s going to take a lot more than hoping to bring Zoey back. Stevie Rae will have to give up a few secrets of her own . . 

My Review:
First let me point out that this was the first time I noticed the cool backside of the dust cover. This is the 2nd hardcover I have in the series but I didn't notice the cool other side of book #6 or #7 till now. I think it was an awesome idea to do that!

I wish I would have been as excited about the book as I was about the cover =/ ... I found myself getting distracted every 10 mins and reading just to "get through it". I've never had that feeling with this series!! I'm pretty sure it had to do mostly with the fact that the POV wasn't Zoey's most of the time like before. Instead, the POVs focused mainly on Stevie Rae & Stark with Zoey, Aphrodite, Kalona, Rephaim and Heath every once in awhile. None of them kept my interest like Zoey's POV. I mean I enjoyed the idea of mixing it up alittle but Zoey's my girl! She's what keeps me interested in this series! I do appreciate how detailed this book was though. Alot more complex then previous books in this series.

OH & I also like it better when everyone's at the HON, together! not scattered in every which way. boooo >_< But I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the next book better... I'm not going to say why because I try not to put spoiler's in my reviews, oh that reminds me...

*SPOILER ALERT*


what in the HELL is Stevie Rae going to do about Rephaim?! She's digging herself into more & more "poopie" as she goes. Come ON girl! Get some sense into that country noggin' of yours!!! Plus I think P.C. Cast should include a picture of this raven mocker she has pictured in her head... I'm having a hard time imagining Rephaim as the Raven Mocker my Cherokee people know... yuckkk.... (Sorry that frustrated me throughout this book)



Reading Challenges100 Books in 2011 

2 comments:

  1. Annie-Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, Unearthly did start a little slow for me, but it built as it went along, and by the end, I was loving it!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for letting me know! i'm excited to read it :)

    ReplyDelete