I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review: The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis


Title/Author: The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis
Number of pages: 202
Series: Chronicles of Narnia #1
How I got it: Bought at used Bookstore
Rating: 2.5/5


 
Goodreads Summary:
The secret passage to the house next door leads to a fascinating adventure

NARNIA...where the woods are thick and cold, where Talking Beasts are called to life...a new world where the adventure begins.

Digory and Polly meet and become friends one cold, wet summer in London. Their lives burst into adventure when Digory's Uncle Andrew, who thinks he is a magician, sends them hurtling to...somewhere else. They find their way to Narnia, newborn from the Lion's song, and encounter the evil sorceress Jadis before they finally return home.


My Review:
I don't know what's up with these Goodreads summaries. They really don't tell it right. This book wasn't really based around Narnia. It didn't come till later in the book. This book was basically telling the story of how they discovered the magic to get to Narnia. The kids, Digory and Polly, travel to other worlds before they discover Narnia. I wish they would have looked through more worlds! Would have been more interesting in my opinion.
     I really liked the dialect in this book. So different and some words were funny for me to read. I'm sure if I tried to read the book out loud I would have sounded funny haha. But all in all, the book was not too interesting to me. The kids were funny and I hope they are in the next book. I do plan to keep reading the series since I already have the next 2 books. I just hope it keeps up alittle. 

Reading Challenges100 Books in 2011 ; 1st in a Series

No comments:

Post a Comment