I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Okay I know I put that I was reading "The Magician's Nephew" but I started reading this one also, got totally engulfed and finished this one first. lol. 


Title/Author: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Number of pages: 325
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #10
How I got it: Borders
Rating: 4.5/5


Goodreads Summary:
With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows...

My Review:
Okay so the Goodreads summary doesn't really do the book justice. There is SO much more going on then what it stated. Seems like everyone is out to kill Sookie, like always. I also got a feeling that Sookie is just feeling fed up and run down. In this book she's not her usual funny self. She's still pretty sarcastic which I love but this Sookie is definitely in a "no bull shit" mood. There wasn't much joking around from anyone in this book actually. 
  Sookie & Eric's relationship is also a big topic through out the book. I like them together but I feel like Eric's gonna get her killed one day. I think she's started to think this too. Good ol' Bill makes an appearance in this book too. I'm not sure how I feel about Bill. I know Sook is safer with him but he's so bor- riiiing. But maybe that's what Sook needs, ha!
  A bunch of new characters, as always. I love learning about new ones, especially vampires. Harris really like to get creative with them! I wish I had her imagination! This book didn't disappoint at all. Harris is the most amazing writer I've ever read. There's obviously going to be another book, which tickles me to death. Who knows where the story will lead from here, I really have no idea. Charlaine surprises me every time.
   If you've read any books in this series, I encourage you to keep going! These books are the greatest to ever meet my eyes. I haven't been disappointed by any of them.

Reading Challenges100 Books in 2011

2 comments:

  1. I have number 9 and 10 waiting! Must pick them up soon!
    Thanks
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, you need to hop into those books! They are so entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete