I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine


Title/Author: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
Number of pages: 248
Series: The Morganville Vampires #1
How I got it: Paperback Swap
Rating: 4/5


 
Goodreads Summary:
From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood

 

My Review:
I really didn't know whether I wanted to give this a 3.5 or 4 star rating. I decided to go with 4 because I really enjoyed the main characters - Michael, Eve, & Shane. The protagonist is Claire but i didn't care for her as much as the rest.
   Claire's a super smart 16 y/o in her first year of college. She's pretty immature and sometimes frustrating in the book. She's trying to prove she's worthy of being around the "older kids" which gets her into a lot of trouble all the time. Poor girl goes through so much crap at school, I was really scared for her!
   I enjoyed the characters of her roomates alot more. They were all very different but meshed so well together. I wish I was one of their roomiesss! .... well before shit hit the fan and their house was a hit zone!
   This book was entertaining enough. I finished it in 4 days which i'm proud of! haha it's been hard for me to read as much as I would like with school and all. This is going to be a rough semester for me =/
   I didn't really care for the type of vampires in this book. I'm such a sissy I'll probably have nightmares haha

Reading Challenges: 100 Books in 2011 ; 1st in a Series

No comments:

Post a Comment