I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skill I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones
and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited. - Sylvia Plath

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My 2011 Book Challenges

Good day, everyone! Since the new year is about to start off, I thought I'd clue you guys in on the 2 challenges I will be participating in. Not only will I be participating in these challenges but I will also be keeping track and reviewing each book on this blog! I don't have a New Year's "resolution" but this is more like my New Year's "goal". I recommend everyone to take a part in these challenges! Hobey Ho, my fellow adventurers!






Challenge Details:
  • Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011
  • Rules - Read 100 or more books in 2011
  • All books can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
  • Only print books and ebooks count (no audiobooks).
  • You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
  • At the beginning of Jan 2011, a link will be added so you can add your reviews but this is not obligatory.
  • You don't have to have a blog to join in - for those without a blog just FILL IN THIS FORM and I will add you to the list - just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you've read a book and what you thought of it! :)
  • You can also follow each other's progress and chat about the VC books you read on twitter too - just use #100BooksInAYear :)






Challenge Details:


  • Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011
  • Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
  • You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
  • You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
  • At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews. There will be a monthly prize too courtesy of the lovely Simon & Schuster - you must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment